You know… that Blog?

That Wascally Wabbit!

Written By: Jenn - Apr• 04•10

We had our obligatory visit from the Easter Bunny last night, and I thought I’d share a few snaps taken of the kids – mostly Wee One, because The Teen kept shrieking “Don’t take my picture!” like her bed head was anything other than the norm these days. These things must be documented for posterity, sweet child. Deal. Anyway, that Wascally Wabbit hid eggs in the darnedest places…

The Teen was not fixing herself a cocktail – there really were eggs hidden amongst the bottles. Apparently he wasn’t thinking about appearances when he breezed through the house late last night! Silly rabbit, drinks aren’t for kids!

ShaMoo, my “BFF” and sister in song, spent all day Good Friday making Paska with some other Ukrainian friends, and yesterday I was the happy recipient of a very pretty and utterly yummy loaf. The picture sucks because I took it with my phone… I was too lazy to fetch my Nikon and we really wanted to eat it…

I’ve never had it before, so it was quite a treat for me. Of course it tasted even better because it was made and given with love (and I didn’t have to do any of the work)! ShaMoo tells me that I’m now 1% Ukrainian as a result. The remaining 99% Irish is absolutely ok with that!

You know we don’t celebrate Easter as a religious holiday – we’ve been through that before, so I won’t expound on it any further. For us, it’s a fun family weekend where the kids get to hunt for cool stuff, and a reason to eat ourselves stupid. However, and for what it’s worth, I hope all of my friends (online and off) have a wonderful Easter weekend spent in whatever pursuits make them happy and fulfilled.


You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.


  1. Nessa says:

    Hoppy Easter!

    Adorable pictures. Cake looks yummy.
    .-= Nessa´s last blog ..Childlike =-.

  2. shakira says:

    Bread looks really yummy!
    I would like to wish you and your family
    Many Easter Blessings and have you a great Easter!

  3. Thom says:

    Happy Easter to you and your family. Great photos. That damn rabbit…hides the eggs so good sometimes that days later we start getting a strange odor. Luckily he hides them outside. Maybe he needs to start making a road map of where he puts them to stop further “eggish” aromas. LOL
    .-= Thom´s last blog ..Happy Easter =-.

  4. Betty says:

    I thought Paska was a Mennonite tradition! We make it here too and I love it, but I´ve never made it myself (yet). Usually I get one given to me, so I don´t need to. :) I´m glad you liked it.
    Happy EAster to you too!
    .-= Betty´s last blog ..Happy Easter! =-.

  5. This was a fun post! My own egg decorating & egg hunting days are gone, I’m afraid, but it was nice to see that The Teen still gets involved, albeit probably more for the sake of the Wee One… or am I presuming too much? ;-)

    Thanks for checking out my blog — one more I “owe” Shakira — and I hope you can find time to browse my archives (and comment, if you like). I’ll be returning the favor as time permits! Nice meeting you.

  6. Melissa B. says:

    Looks like you had a delightful-and delicious-time! Hope the Easter Bunny left you something extra-special, too…
    .-= Melissa B.´s last blog ..Here Comes Peter Cottontail… =-.

  7. quilly says:

    I love the Wee One’s bright smile in that first pic. Her dress is adorable, too.
    .-= quilly´s last blog ..All About Me =-.

  8. Annie says:

    I miss Easter egg hunts. I bought my myself a big bag of jelly bellies though. I have been eating them for dinner the last two nights. I’m feeling a little sick today. ~blech~ I have no self control when it comes to sweets.
    .-= Annie´s last blog ..Dreamers =-.

  9. carma says:

    sweet. I like that the bunny manages to hide between the liquor bottles :D Interesting Paska. Is it sweet? At first I thought I read “pasta” which would have been weird.

  10. ShaMoo says:

    LOVE the egg hunt photos!! Wee One is just gorgeous in her Easter dress :) I’m so tickled that you posted a pic of the Paska!! It certainly was made (and given) with love :)